All About Ojai
Get ALL ABOUT OJAI as a member of the Ojai Valley Land Conservancy. Enjoy this series of eco-education programs offered free to members, or for a nominal donation for non-members.
Once each quarter, sometimes more often, we offer an adventure into the wild of Ojai. Generally on our preserves, programs are sometimes held elsewhere in Ojai, such as Matilija Canyon, Piedra Blanca in Rose Valley, at OVLC headquarters, or in other areas of Ojai depending upon the topic.
This is a great way to get the family out to get more connected with our natural surroundings in Ojai. All About Ojai adventures are family friendly, informative, and not heavily strenuous activities.
Past programs have included
- Living with Wildlife
- Native Plants in the Landscape
- Edible Plants of the Chumash culture
- Landscape Photography treks
- Birdwatching on the Ojai Meadows Preserve
- Geology walk in Matilija Canyon
- Wildlife evidence explorations
- Rivertalk, a guided tour of the Ventura River Watershed
- Creatures of the night hike on the Ventura River Preserve